Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the settings on my router?

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 7:45 AM

Are you looking for the recommended settings - or for instructions that relate you your own WiFi Router. Assuming that you are looking for the former:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Your WiFi Router is most likely managed from a web-page. You will need to find instructions or guidance from the manufacturer of your Router - although if the router was provided by your Internet Service Provider (and many are), you will need to look at your ISP’s tech support pages.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 7:45 AM in response to Lilywine

Are you looking for the recommended settings - or for instructions that relate you your own WiFi Router. Assuming that you are looking for the former:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Your WiFi Router is most likely managed from a web-page. You will need to find instructions or guidance from the manufacturer of your Router - although if the router was provided by your Internet Service Provider (and many are), you will need to look at your ISP’s tech support pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.