Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay with iPod

Why does Apple Car Play not support iPod Touch as well as iPhone? Earlier versions of Car Play (on my previous 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero) has an icon for iPod as wells the phone. I am not the only user who wants to use the iPod for music and the iPhone just for calls, email etc. Yet the new Car Play on my 2021 Audi Q5 does not allow iPod to be connected via car play. Why?

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:36 AM

Doesn't Car Play require a direct internet connection, which the iPod does not have, because it isn't a phone.

My solution is to use the Bluetooth connection for my phone and a cable connection from the iPod to the car's USB port. This does not require the Car Play interface, only access to the car's USB port. That way, I too use my phone as a phone and my iPod as my music player.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 11:36 AM in response to alanfromsydney

Doesn't Car Play require a direct internet connection, which the iPod does not have, because it isn't a phone.

My solution is to use the Bluetooth connection for my phone and a cable connection from the iPod to the car's USB port. This does not require the Car Play interface, only access to the car's USB port. That way, I too use my phone as a phone and my iPod as my music player.

Carplay with iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.