Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store: suddenly Payment Not Completed

I tried to install two free apps from the App Store on my iPhone and I get "Payment Not Completed". I have funds on my account, my Visa card is functioning in stores, I haven't received any email about Apple failing to charge me (for Apple Music or so). Also, if I view Payment and Shipping on my iPhone I see my Visa, with no errors.

Why is this suddenly failing and how is it fixed?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:19 AM

I walked through with Apple support, and updating with the latest security update (which I hadn't received a notification for if I recall correctly), fixed this error. So, the App Store/iPhone could improve error messaging, that the app store is essentially non-functioning until the security update is installed. Thanks for the reply.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 9:19 AM in response to Limnos

I walked through with Apple support, and updating with the latest security update (which I hadn't received a notification for if I recall correctly), fixed this error. So, the App Store/iPhone could improve error messaging, that the app store is essentially non-functioning until the security update is installed. Thanks for the reply.

App Store: suddenly Payment Not Completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.