Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad passcode is disabled

my passcode to turn on my ipad is disabled. I followed steps to remove passcode but doesn't work. I had to change my password to apple ID as I was asked to do. yet I can not use my ipad, shows on screen that my ipad is disabled. what to do?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:18 AM

If you enter the wrong passcode too many times, you’ll see a message that your iPad is disabled. If you can’t remember your passcode, you need to erase your iPad, which deletes your data and settings, including the passcode.

If you backed up your iPad, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your iPad. If you never backed up your iPad before you forgot your passcode, you won't be able to save the data on your iPad. Follow the steps below to remove your passcode.

Support Article: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 10:18 AM in response to rgnkd07pto

If you enter the wrong passcode too many times, you’ll see a message that your iPad is disabled. If you can’t remember your passcode, you need to erase your iPad, which deletes your data and settings, including the passcode.

If you backed up your iPad, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your iPad. If you never backed up your iPad before you forgot your passcode, you won't be able to save the data on your iPad. Follow the steps below to remove your passcode.

Support Article: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

my ipad passcode is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.