Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad is locked

I have an iPad linked to my old Apple ID and now it is locked and unfortunately I forgot everything about old Apple ID. Please help me to use my ipad again.

Thankful

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:28 AM

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Afkhami403

If you are talking about "activation lock" (an anti-theft measure), neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry, unless you are the original owner and you still have the proof of purchase (receipt/invoice reporting your device’s IMEI or Serial Number). Should be this case, start your request using this link: https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Shouldn’t be this case, activation lock can be removed only by the previous owner, with the credentials that were used to activate that iPhone/iPad. Without those credentials, that device is useless to you.

You can also take a look at this support article:--> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Sep 22, 2021 2:40 AM in response to Afkhami403

This is a user helping other users with tech questions

forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

the activation lock is not really on

the ipad it's a theft protection measure on apples servers

it needs to be removed How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

if you don't know your appleID Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

if that does not help you then you need the assistance of apple

Additional Support - Activation Lock (apple.com) and or

Get Support (apple.com) , Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

my ipad is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.