Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet connectivity problem with MacBook Pro M1 2020

I have a MacBook Pro M1 2020, just purchased a USB-C ethernet adapter, yet cannot connect to my wired network. Has anyone encountered this problem? When I open network settings, ethernet is not even an option on the left, where all other connections are.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:03 PM

depending on interface, you may need to ADD the interface to the list of interfaces

in the list of interfaces (left pane) of

System preferences > Networks

access using the [+] button under the list. Note drop-down list of interfaces that can be added.

Once added you should be able to configure the interface.

In more obtuse cases, you may also need to install a Driver. ¿Does that one promise Mac support with no Drivers?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 6:03 PM in response to mpr2

depending on interface, you may need to ADD the interface to the list of interfaces

in the list of interfaces (left pane) of

System preferences > Networks

access using the [+] button under the list. Note drop-down list of interfaces that can be added.

Once added you should be able to configure the interface.

In more obtuse cases, you may also need to install a Driver. ¿Does that one promise Mac support with no Drivers?

Ethernet connectivity problem with MacBook Pro M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.