Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having issues pairing my siri remote with my apple tv. The pairing starts, a mesage says bring the remote closer, I place it on the apple tv, but i get know pairing?

I am having issues pairing my Siri remote with my 4K Apple TV .The pairing stares, a message says bring the remote closer, I place it on top of the Apple TV, but I still does not pair after 5 minutes?

my “old” Apple TV & IPhone work ok, but I have issues with the swiping & prefer the buttons on the Siri

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:44 AM

Make sure the Siri remote has enough battery charge, by charging for half an hour initially, if you haven’t already done so.

Remove other bluetooth devices from the direct vicinity, including smart phones.

Move the remote closer gradually, and then you should see the pairing happen before you place it on top.

If you have the Siri Remote (2nd generation), then that needs tvOS 14.5 or later.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 6:44 AM in response to -----1

Make sure the Siri remote has enough battery charge, by charging for half an hour initially, if you haven’t already done so.

Remove other bluetooth devices from the direct vicinity, including smart phones.

Move the remote closer gradually, and then you should see the pairing happen before you place it on top.

If you have the Siri Remote (2nd generation), then that needs tvOS 14.5 or later.

Sep 22, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried all of that with no change. The original Apple TV & remote {Black], purchased in 2021, with the swipe functionI received with the Apple TV works OK. The new Silver remote, purchased in June 2021 , with the direction arrows, which I purchased separately is the one I am having issues with. I get a note on my TV screen that the remote is pairing, to bring it closer I placed the remote on the Apple TV, this time for about 30 minutes with no result. If I push a button the same note appears, "pairing bring it closer".

I am having issues pairing my siri remote with my apple tv. The pairing starts, a mesage says bring the remote closer, I place it on the apple tv, but i get know pairing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.