Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.0 crashes in milliseconds

I downloaded Safari 15.0 yesterday night (11 pm Greenwich time). This morning, while browsing through google scholar, it suddenly crashed to open no more since. It crashes in milliseconds.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:54 AM

How about when booted into Safe Mode ?? It will load slowly and eliminate all Tird Party software, extensions and fonts from loading. Run this mode log enough to test Safari 15.

Like @VikingOSX - running Big Sur 11.6 with Safari15 on Mac Mini M1 and MBA M1 Big Sur 11.6 Safari15 and zero issues thus far

14 replies

Sep 21, 2021 5:42 AM in response to migolivpt65

You can prevent Safari 15 from reloading its last application state by holding the shift key when launching it. If it launches successfully, then I advise clearing its cache and all history. Once you have done this, is it stable again?

Also, check for outdated extensions if any are in use.

I have experienced no issues with Safari 15 since its installation and I am on an M1 mini with macOS 11.6.

Sep 22, 2021 3:05 AM in response to Mokello

Mokello wrote:

it not solved at all... or must I buy a pc with Windows to solve the problem for me?

Some people have problems, most don't. I am writing this in Safari 15.

While you get this sorted out: Safari is not the only browser on the mac, you know. Firefox is free.

There is probably something in your system that is playing a role.

Do you have any antivirus, cleaners or such?

Sep 22, 2021 3:42 AM in response to migolivpt65

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck  directly from a Well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS. This will include any AntiVirus, Cleaners, Optimizers and Uninstaller

Sep 28, 2021 9:24 AM in response to migolivpt65

I called Apple about this a few nights ago. They are aware of this issue. there is a database buried in library/containers/safari/data/library/safari. 3 files starting with safaritabs.db are the culprit.

if you delete (drag to desktop)

safaritabs.db

safaritabs.db-shm

safaritabs.db-wal

safari will work BUT your pinned tabs will vanish (and reset each time you open safari)

you can get the links to pinned tabs by opening the db file in TextEdit

Safari 15.0 crashes in milliseconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.