Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution: For fixing the iTunes version 12.12 "...please reinstall iTunes" issue.

I was one of the users facing the error message - "iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. please reinstall iTunes" while trying to open iTunes version 12.12.

I read in one of the posts in here that the Bug in this iTunes version is due to the Windows UI language conflict.

So, I decided to change the Windows display language and voila! It worked!

The steps would be:

1) Search for Language settings in the windows search bar.

2) Scroll down to find the Windows display language drop down menu.

3) From this drop down menu, select the language English (United States)**.

(My previous Windows display language was English (United Kingdom) and for some reason it was conflicting with iTunes.)

4) Windows will prompt to Sign out in order to make these changes. Click on Sign out and Sign back in.

5) You should now be able to open the iTunes version 12.12 successfully.

**Note: if you are unable to find English (United States) in the drop down menu, you would have to add it manually via the Preferred languages section right below the Windows display language section.

After adding the language, you might also have to manually download & install the Language pack.

More details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/manage-the-input-and-display-language-settings-in-windows-12a10cb4-8626-9b77-0ccb-5013e0c7c7a2

P.S. I created this account to post this solution.

Kudos!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:32 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 21, 2021 8:01 AM in response to Massimo80

Hey!

Currently I am updating my iPhone 7 to iOS 15 via iTunes. I'll check and report back with the status once that is done.

Update: I tried changing the language back to English (United Kingdom) and again I was unable to open iTunes, as before. So, the language has to be English (United States) in order to use this version of iTunes.

Solution: For fixing the iTunes version 12.12 "...please reinstall iTunes" issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.