Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15

Hi I am trying to update my phone to iOS 15 but everytime I try to upgrade it, it says “an error has occurred when updating” I don’t know what that means. Please let me know!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Restart your iPhone. Restart your WiFi Router. Then try again.

Sill no luck, try another WiFi Network or update via computer.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204204

2 replies

Sep 21, 2021 11:32 AM in response to jmoenoa

The truth is that we do not know which error has occurred either. We will therefore have to tackle this by generalizing things. When updating from iOS 14 to iOS 15, Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version-

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.