Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 15 print screen ‘print’ button missing

Just updated iPad mini 4 to iPadOS 15 and the ‘print’ button has disappeared from the ‘print screen’ function (used to print my newspaper crossword). ‘Printer options’ is available with a nice ‘draft’ quality function but still no actual ‘print’ button and if you click on ‘media & quality’ not only is there still no actual ‘print’ button but there is no way to get back to the main print screen panel. The only way out is to ‘force quit’.

Tried restarting the iPad, deleting and re-installing the newspaper app but still no ‘print’ button. Strange.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:57 PM

Hah! Found the problem - I tried printing a photo and the same ‘print screen’ menu came up but the panels here had ‘cancel’ and ‘print’ buttons in the top corners - those labels were, and still are, missing from the ‘print screen’ menu associated with the newspaper page. However the functions are there - tapping the empty spaces result in the appropriate ‘cancel’ and ‘print’ functions - only the labels are missing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 6:57 PM in response to drobert33

Hah! Found the problem - I tried printing a photo and the same ‘print screen’ menu came up but the panels here had ‘cancel’ and ‘print’ buttons in the top corners - those labels were, and still are, missing from the ‘print screen’ menu associated with the newspaper page. However the functions are there - tapping the empty spaces result in the appropriate ‘cancel’ and ‘print’ functions - only the labels are missing.

iPadOS 15 print screen ‘print’ button missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.