Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve a deleted message?

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Go to Settings > (Your name) > iCloud > Messages. If it is turned on your message is gone.

If it is off and if this message is in your last backup you can restore your iPhone from the backup and get it. You will lose any data added since the date/time of that backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 6:34 PM in response to guddia

Go to Settings > (Your name) > iCloud > Messages. If it is turned on your message is gone.

If it is off and if this message is in your last backup you can restore your iPhone from the backup and get it. You will lose any data added since the date/time of that backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2021 6:41 PM in response to guddia

guddia Said:

"How do I retrieve a deleted message?"

-------

Checking "Messages" on your Mac:

If an app (i.e. Messages) was enabled on your iPhone along with your Apple computer, then check the Messages app on your Mac to see if it exists in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.