Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 14.8 before Ios 15?

Do I need to update to ios 14.8 before ios 15? Or does it matter? And for some reason, everytime I try to update to ios 14.8 (on my ancient 6s iphone), I get an error message saying that it failed. I know I have enough storage, and my wifi signal is fine, I just don't know why I can't update it. I have the option (apparently) to skip it and go straight to ios 15, but is that a bad idea? And I'm afraid I'll get another error message after waiting an hour. Help please! Thanks!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 10:39 PM

AMillertime86 Said:

"Ios 14.8 before Ios 15?: Do I need to update to ios 14.8 before ios 15? Or does it matter? And for some reason, everytime I try to update to ios 14.8 (on my ancient 6s iphone), I get an error message saying that it failed.[...]"

-------

No. It does not matter.

You can just go ahead with the install.

Why the Issue?:

There is an error connection to Apple's servers.

To Check for Updates:

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 10:39 PM in response to AMillertime86

AMillertime86 Said:

"Ios 14.8 before Ios 15?: Do I need to update to ios 14.8 before ios 15? Or does it matter? And for some reason, everytime I try to update to ios 14.8 (on my ancient 6s iphone), I get an error message saying that it failed.[...]"

-------

No. It does not matter.

You can just go ahead with the install.

Why the Issue?:

There is an error connection to Apple's servers.

To Check for Updates:

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Ios 14.8 before Ios 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.