Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see Significant Locations on iPhone

Can anyone please advise how to access significant locations?

I can see a summary of 125 places, but am unable to access.

any assistance will be appreciated

please note, I do not want to do a reset as need recent info

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 2:21 PM

After the iOS 15 update, when I access significant locations it tells me that I have 88 recent locations but gives me no date or time detail. Where did this information go? Has Apple deleted this feature with the most recent iOS update? Please respond with a definitive answer or let me know how I am incorrectly accessing this data. If this feature was deleted or changed in the recent update, why was no warning given about this?

169 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 2:21 PM in response to NachiThePanda

After the iOS 15 update, when I access significant locations it tells me that I have 88 recent locations but gives me no date or time detail. Where did this information go? Has Apple deleted this feature with the most recent iOS update? Please respond with a definitive answer or let me know how I am incorrectly accessing this data. If this feature was deleted or changed in the recent update, why was no warning given about this?

Oct 19, 2021 7:19 AM in response to kerryn35

I too uses significant locations to track my work time but has changed after updating to iOS15. This is what support responded to my inquiry, “I wanted to let you know that the issue that you called to report recently about the significant location history being gone has gotten the attention of the engineering team and they have responded. They say that this change is expected and normal to iOS 15. If you dislike the change, they recommend leaving feedback about it at apple.com/feedback.”. 🤦‍♂️. What’s the point of having Significant Locations if it doesn’t show the info. I hope they bring this feature back.

Oct 25, 2021 9:41 PM in response to kerryn35

I FIGURED IT OUT. If you depend on this information to fill out your payroll I'm right there with you! 😭

Solution? If you have a Mac, you can still view your location history in detail by going into system preferences > security and privacy > *unlocking the lock with your password* > "details" on system preferences. I'm gonna get paid 🥳🥳🥳 Idk how long this will work so have backups in the future in case Apple screws us over again.

For reference my Mac is on Big Sur 11.6.

Oct 25, 2021 12:41 AM in response to Klay15

According to a post above this feature has been removed from ios15 (ridiculous) see the below response, I would recommend filling In a feedback request if enough people complain hopefully they will bring the feature back.

This is what support responded to my inquiry, “I wanted to let you know that the issue that you called to report recently about the significant location history being gone has gotten the attention of the engineering team and they have responded. They say that this change is expected and normal to iOS 15. If you dislike the change, they recommend leaving feedback about it at apple.com/feedback.”.

Jan 17, 2022 8:42 AM in response to geralddasylva

geralddasylva wrote:

There we go again! In a world where I use to live, if I purchased something and it stopped performing something that it use to do it was called : broken. In this Apple world, Apple breaks my phone on purpose and I just have to accept it. Wow. What a frustratingly broken new world!
Has anyone seen an apology or an explanation for this loss of function?
Oh! I should have known; it probably is virus related...
Please M.Apple, fix our phones!

The "significant locations" still work the way they were always intended to work. They are intended to "Allow your iPhone and iCloud connected devices to learn places significant to you in order to provide useful location-related information in Maps, Calends, Photos, and more". Apple never intended them to be used directly by the end user. There's nothing wrong with the fact people did. However, it needs to be accepted that, when you use an undocumented feature or use a feature in an undocumented way, sometimes, changes in the intended use of the feature will make that impossible.

And, once again, Apple is not reading here for suggestions or feedback. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, there have been several suggestions for alternate solutions in this thread.

Feb 25, 2022 11:49 AM in response to kerryn35

I finally spoke with Support about this issue today, and it's the same story as some of you have noted. There is no resolution at this time, but that may change if enough of us request a return to the access we once had. The advisor recommended that I submit a request at Product Feedback - Apple (under iPhone) and hope they respond. I'm going to ask everyone I know to do the same thing. Let's hope it works!

Dec 2, 2021 9:11 AM in response to bindig1063

bindig1063 wrote:

So thats fine for everyone who runs Mac but nobody else can see the info??? At the very least attach it to the iCloud account so anyone can view the details... This is the most ridiculous "update" I have ever encountered. Oh lets take away a feature that we've have in place since the invention of the iphone????

Apple does not read this user-to-user technical support forum for suggestions. You can let them know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

How to see Significant Locations on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.