Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Battery Health

So I’ve been using the iPhone 12 since last November. And it shock me to say, my battery health has dropped to 86% as of now. Before switching to this device I had owned a iPhone 8 Plus, and trust me, the device still had around 83% after using almost three years… I don’t know if this is consider normal or not. In cases of battery replacement, I’d like to know does our 1 year warranty covers replacement of battery?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:49 AM

All that is a collection of myths.

If you are worried about battery capacity (wrongly termed Health by Apple) then why only use 60% of it (20% to 80%)??

Charge every night, all night to trigger optimised charging, and run it down to 5% if you want to without any damage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 2:49 AM in response to jense78

All that is a collection of myths.

If you are worried about battery capacity (wrongly termed Health by Apple) then why only use 60% of it (20% to 80%)??

Charge every night, all night to trigger optimised charging, and run it down to 5% if you want to without any damage.

Sep 23, 2021 2:06 AM in response to Rudegar

Yeah. I’ve read it before. And I’ve read it again in case I’d left anything out. I understand that batteries are bound to degrade overtime and battery health is impacted by how one’s use their phone and the number of charge cycles it had. It’s just I never expected it to degrade this fast.

I always charge my phone before it drop below 20%, and I rarely charge it till full. Most of the time I’d just unplug at around 80%-90%. I’ve heard fast charging might degrade your battery faster in the long term (not sure how true is that) so I occasionally uses MagSafe to charge, when fast charge is not needed. The adapter I’ve used is from apple too, not a third party fast charger.

So it makes me wonder if there is some underlying issues with the battery, seeing how fast it degrades within a year, as compared to the iPhone 8 Plus I’d owned before the 12.

iPhone 12 Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.