Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade Reminders on Macbook Air

I upgraded Reminders on my Macbook Air and now I can't see the Reminders content anymore. I can see and use them on my iPhone but not on the MacBook.

Using MacOS Big Sur version 11.5.2

Reminders app on the laptop has this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210220

But I have no option to 'Upgrade Now'.

It would be helpful to have the Reminders available on both devices again.

Any ideas? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 2:38 AM

8 replies

Sep 23, 2021 7:10 AM in response to angrysharks

Hello angrysharks,

We would like to see how we can help you wuth Reminders today. iCloud reminders created on a device that's running earlier software are visible only on other devices running earlier software. Do you have any avaiable upgrade for the iOS on your iPhone? Check out this link for more information: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2021 12:05 PM in response to angrysharks

Hello angrysharks,

Thank you for getting back to us.

To confirm, initially you mentioned you upgraded Reminders on your MacBook, and you also said you "have no option to 'Upgrade Now'". To clarify, did you see 'Upgrade Now' in Reminders on your Mac initially? That just helps us confirm that Reminders did indeed upgrade on your Mac but that reminders are just not syncing between all devices. If that's the case, see if the steps in this article help get your reminders syncing again: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Cheers!

Sep 24, 2021 5:10 AM in response to angrysharks

Hello angrysharks,

On your Mac, choose the Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID, select iCloud in the sidebar, then select Reminders in the list of apps. Do you see an option to upgrade?

Let's also confirm that you're using the same Apple ID for iCloud on both your Mac and iPhone with reminders set up as follows: About upgraded reminders on Mac

If you're still experiencing the issue after, reach out to Apple directly for further assistance at: Get Support

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2021 7:17 AM in response to angrysharks

I contacted Support. Two Live Chats didn't solve it but I also had a callback and spoke to a Support Agent.

In case anyone else has this problem, this is what we did:

We put the MacBook in Safe Mode (shut down, then hold shift key and keep holding while you press the power on key).

System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Reminders

Unchecked Reminders and rechecked the box.

Restarted the Mac and opened the Reminder app and all of the reminder content appeared.

Solved at last!

How to upgrade Reminders on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.