Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Websites crashing after ios15 installed

How to fix issues with certain websites crashing after installing ios15

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:52 AM

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities eileenfromcrozet,

It looks like you've been using the article About the security content of Safari 15 and have some questions about Safari. You've mentioned certain websites are crashing.

Let's see if the steps included in this guide help: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected. This gives you places to begin to narrow down what might be happening.  

Also, you'd want to see if you're using iCloud Private Relay: About iCloud Private Relay.  We're suggesting that you look this over because it's a newer feature.  Look over the section "If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay" as it will give you the steps needed in order to get the websites you use working once again. 

We hope this helps! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 11:52 AM in response to eileenfromcrozet

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities eileenfromcrozet,

It looks like you've been using the article About the security content of Safari 15 and have some questions about Safari. You've mentioned certain websites are crashing.

Let's see if the steps included in this guide help: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected. This gives you places to begin to narrow down what might be happening.  

Also, you'd want to see if you're using iCloud Private Relay: About iCloud Private Relay.  We're suggesting that you look this over because it's a newer feature.  Look over the section "If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay" as it will give you the steps needed in order to get the websites you use working once again. 

We hope this helps! 

Sep 23, 2021 12:08 PM in response to tgok23

Hi,

I spend over 1 hour yesterday with Apple Support after doing everything on the guide you suggested. The problem

was not with Catalina it was with the upgrade Safari 15.0. After redoing everything with the technician help, I was still

having certain websites crash. Yesterday afternoon, I went back to the Apple Community website and another person was having the same issues as I. The suggestion was to reinstall Safari 15.0. He had success which gave me hope.

I reinstalled Safari 15.0 and everything seems OK. Apple needs to post this issue. I will not upgrade my other devices for

a few weeks until you get this under control.

What annoys me is all the time I spent on this issue.

Websites crashing after ios15 installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.