Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow wireless charging after iOS 15 update

Has anyone noticed remarkably slow wireless charging after updating to iOS 15? I use a MagSafe duo charger and I can't even get a full charge overnight. Anyone experiencing this?

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:10 PM

Hello living_teal,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into some issue with wirelessly charging your iPhone. Would you mind letting us know which model iPhone you're using? Have you tested to see if this issue persists if you charge your iPhone with a cable instead? When you say it doesn't follow charge overnight, is there any chance it's stopping the charge at 80%?

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - If your device stopped charging at 80 percent

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Learn more

Best regards.

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 2:10 PM in response to living_teal

Hello living_teal,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into some issue with wirelessly charging your iPhone. Would you mind letting us know which model iPhone you're using? Have you tested to see if this issue persists if you charge your iPhone with a cable instead? When you say it doesn't follow charge overnight, is there any chance it's stopping the charge at 80%?

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - If your device stopped charging at 80 percent

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Learn more

Best regards.

Nov 3, 2021 11:56 AM in response to talishkavonzua

I found myself searching for this on Google and here i am. Since the iOS 15 my phone has been charging ultra slow. I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max. Basically what happens is my phone charges normally, for about an hour and a half from 1% to 90%. But from 90% to 100% it takes roughly an hour for each percent. At first i thought it was some kind of visual bug and i restarted my phone several times but nothing. It literally takes an hour to increase the percentage with 1 step.

On the contrary, ever since the update, my battery has reached new heights. With minimal usage - just phone calls and Spotify in the background - my battery lasts between 12 and 15 hours on 100%, i kid you not. But as soon as i start using some apps like YouTube and Myfitnesspal, it suddenly drops to about 90% after an hour of usage.

So love it or hate it, this update was good.

P.S. Glad its not a hardware issue, probably its some software bug that will be fixed in the next update.

Sep 23, 2021 9:47 PM in response to Missy5937

Missy5937,

Having the same issue.

iPhone 12 Pro, Magsafe Charger, Leather Magsafe Case - in case that could be causing higher heat resulting in slow charging?

Updated to iOS 15 on 9/21.

Night of 9/21 to 9/22 - stopped charging at 80%. Checked the energy graph and I could see it reach 80%, then fall slightly and then increase again, etc. So optimized charging stopped it, but for no reason. No change to my routine or anything. It is usually charged to 100% by the time my alarm goes off (set on my phone) for 5AM M-F.

Night of 9/22 to 9/23 - did not even charge past 68%. Checked the energy graph and it slowly charged all night to 68%.

Night of 9/23 to 9/24 - I turned off optimized charging since I need my phone to charge to 100%... Hoping just turning it off and back on a few days later will help correct it. As for slow wireless charging, I am not sure if it will continue.

Sep 24, 2021 8:32 AM in response to Missy5937

Hi Missy5937,

With the MagSafe, I always charge my phone without a case on, and it’s still as slow as ever. Charged all night last night, and at 5am it was at about 40%. I left it on just to see how far it would go, and by 7am it was at about 70%. It wouldn’t matter how slow it charged if I could get a full charge by morning, but this doesn’t work at all. I wonder if it’s a software issue that might be fixed with a future update.

Oct 4, 2021 6:26 AM in response to Missy5937

Hi, I use an IPhone 11 Pro and ever since I downloaded IOS 15, charging my phone takes forever! It has been more than 6 hours now and my phone hasn’t charged fully and keeps decreasing and increasing in charge! I’m using the original charger that came with the phone and had no issues at all! Could you please look into resolving this issue asap issue.

Oct 4, 2021 7:50 AM in response to living_teal

Also having problems with 2 x XRs and 2 x 13s

Prior to buying the 2 x 13s, my XRs all reliably charged on 4 different types of wireless pads. When we went iOS 15, all 4 phones have unreliable connection to some of the charging pads, resulting in little to no charging taking place on those.

Noticed it's a bit better outside of the cases, but those cases were reliable before for charging.

Oct 5, 2021 11:55 AM in response to living_teal

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I use different models of Anker's wifi chargers. I suffer the same behaviour after the latest update, the phone didn't charge over night in the bed charger (Anker Wireless Charger, PowerWave Pad Qi-Certified 10W), now i'm using the Anker Wireless Charger PowerWave Stand and it's charging very slowly. A few hours and it's only on 67%.

Oct 17, 2021 3:19 AM in response to Missy5937

Hi,

I have a brand new iPhone 13 pro and since I upgraded to iOS 15.0.1, wireless charging does not work on any of my wireless charges where it previously worked ok.

my wife’s iPhone 12 still works on them but she hasn’t gone to iOS 15 yet.

it seems there’s an issue with iOS 15 to me as rebooting doesn’t fix it.

could someone from Apple reassure us that we’ll get a rapid fix please.

graham

Slow wireless charging after iOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.