Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create imperfect/inconsistent lines in Apple Motion?

I want the various elements in my project to be more authentic via imperfect/inconsistent lines. I want there to be chips, cracks, jagged edges, etc. so that they don't have such a smooth appearance. How do I turn bezier lines, rectangles, and circles into imperfect/inconsistent lines?

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 10:52 AM

There are lots of choices.

You could start by drawing a shape (line, rectangle, bezier, paint stroke...), then going to the Inspector, and click Shape, then see what you can do under Style, and under Stroke. This is just a quick example.

4 replies

Sep 23, 2021 5:16 PM in response to Marmeeer128

Hi

Is this related to your other issue of the slow project file? Image brushes and airbrushes can be very system intensive to run depending on the volume and the image source used.

Also, look into the crystallise filter for creating rough edges, works well with other elements that you have already explored. Width over stroke is important also.

How do I create imperfect/inconsistent lines in Apple Motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.