Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Passcode

I bought this phone for my friend it asked for my old passcode which I don’t have how do I reset that?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:53 PM

Does it want the passcode to transfer data or does it want the passcode to get into the phone?

If it wants it during a data transfer, if you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted that they did that and lost little to no data.

If it wants the passcode to get into the phone, see the Apple Support article(s) below. 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.    *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 12:53 PM in response to LondonEngland700

Does it want the passcode to transfer data or does it want the passcode to get into the phone?

If it wants it during a data transfer, if you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted that they did that and lost little to no data.

If it wants the passcode to get into the phone, see the Apple Support article(s) below. 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.    *

Old Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.