Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus status not sharing with contacts

Is there an issue with sharing Focus Status with contacts? I’ve done everything right as far as I know and none of the contacts I selected are receiving a notification. TIA.

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:06 PM

I am having the same issue. Actually the ‘share focus status’ won’t stay on for some contacts. I’ll toggle it on and next time I look at it it’s off. I have double checked all of my settings but there’s a handful of contacts that it won’t stay on for. Not sure what the issue is

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 9:06 PM in response to alirice

I am having the same issue. Actually the ‘share focus status’ won’t stay on for some contacts. I’ll toggle it on and next time I look at it it’s off. I have double checked all of my settings but there’s a handful of contacts that it won’t stay on for. Not sure what the issue is

Sep 23, 2021 4:57 PM in response to alirice

Hi alirice,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions regarding Focus. This is a great new feature, and we certainly want to make sure you're able to use it without issue.

To start, make sure you've given permission to any apps your want to share your Focus status through. It looks like you've already visited this resource, but you can see more on that here: Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also make sure all your apps are fully updated: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Lastly, if this persists let us know exactly what apps this isn't working in. We'll go from there.

Thanks

Focus status not sharing with contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.