Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 15 Update and Mac OS 10.15.7 Update, Photos Are Not Showing on Mac Photos App When Trying to Sync

My iPhone X running iOS 15 does not show any photos when connected to my Mac with latest Catalina update.

When the iPhone is connected, no photos appear in the Photos app on my Mac where you go to select photos to sync and organize into the library on the Mac hd. The black boxes where photos should show can still be clicked and will sync, but I can't see the actual photos. This problem started after the latest OS updates. I've tried rebooting, resetting location privacy, trust settings, and also rebuilding the photos library on Mac, all to no avail.

I do not want to resort to using iCloud to sync to my Mac. I also noticed that newly added contacts on iPhone are not syncing across to the Mac.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Any possible solutions? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 2:52 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 23, 2021 6:14 PM in response to BRNOllc

Hi BRNOllc,

We see after updating your iPhone X to iOS 15, photos you'd like to sync from your iPhone to your Mac no longer show in the Photos app, or are all photos from the Photos app missing?

Additionally, when attempting to sync, are you using the steps outlined in the article below?

Let us know if we understand the issue correctly, and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2021 9:49 PM in response to BRNOllc

I don’t sync photos this way, so I don’t see your particular problem. But it seems to me that syncing in general is broken now, at least in this combination of macOS 10.15 and iOS/iPadOS 15.

On my iMac, syncing my iPhone or iPad has become rather slow and always runs into a never-ending "step 5 of 5 - waiting for items to copy". When I try to sync many files, I have to switch off all energy saving functions on all devices to even get to that point, because otherwise the result will be a failure message on the way.

Also, the iPhone icon as well as the iPad icon in both, Finder and the Music app have a big question mark in them, which is probably another hint that something’s broken.

Unfortunately, so far, I haven’t found any solution.

(macOS 10.15.7, iOS 15.0, iPadOS 15.0)

After iOS 15 Update and Mac OS 10.15.7 Update, Photos Are Not Showing on Mac Photos App When Trying to Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.