Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.0 jumps to random web sites while scrolling

Scrolling in Safari 15.0 is unpredictable. While scrolling on a web page the web page I was reading disappeared and I was sent to a random web page. I was not able to scroll back. This has happened over and over and over again. The only way to avoid having to start all over again is to scroll very very slowly and stop immediately if you see your current selection start to disappear. I had to reload the web page I was on too many times consider this a one time annoyance. The previous version of Safari did not do this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:42 AM

Hey there, chrisfromchampaign!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with Safari randomly jumping to different websites. First, check out this article If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected.

We also recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Next, check out these steps to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and create a test user to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 5:42 AM in response to chrisfromchampaign

Hey there, chrisfromchampaign!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with Safari randomly jumping to different websites. First, check out this article If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected.

We also recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Next, check out these steps to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and create a test user to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.

Cheers!

Sep 26, 2021 4:20 PM in response to AppleJen77

Thanks. None of your suggestions work. On certain web sites including FaceBook, scrolling near the top of the site or the bottom of the site will cause the browser to jump to a different random web site. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem on Safari 15.0. When the browser jumps to a different web site (which is frequent), scrolling up or down immediately will sometimes return you to the web page or at least web site you were last on. However, even if you are able to get back to your web page, you are not always returned to where you left off. Usually you're sent to top of the site and you're obligated to scroll again to the point where Safari threw you out. Very frustrating. Safari has always been a memory hog but I made it my main browser anyway. I'm not sure what "improvement" 15.0 was supposed to do but with these added problems I'm wondering if there is an easy way to go back to the former version.

Safari 15.0 jumps to random web sites while scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.