Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Apple TV+ play on Chrome or Edge or any PC-based browser?

Why won't Apple TV+ play on Chrome or Edge or any PC-based browser? I get it Apple Products are the best hardware according to fans, but this seems like an intentional block from Apple (yet again) to force people to use their stuff and only their stuff. But the product (Apple TV+) says you can watch it from anywhere, but I have NEVER been able to get it to stream on anything other than my apple hardware.

Is anyone out there currently able to use Apple TV+ on a Chrome or Edge Browser? Is anyone out there currently able to use Apple TV+ using another browser?

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hoopla (from my public library) and every other streaming service works on Chrome and Edge, but not Apple TV+

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 12:57 AM

Using information found elsewhere, I went into Chrome settings, went to Advanced, selected "restore settings to their original defaults" and it started playing fine. I will try this for Edge as well. Apple TV+ was the only provider with these issues.

3 replies

Sep 23, 2021 12:51 AM in response to turingtest2

Glad to hear it works for someone. I have tried it several times using Chrome and Edge and cleared cache, etc., and it has never worked. I wonder if another browser would work, but if you have a PC and this works I have to say I am surprised.

When I click on the button to play, usually nothing happens, and at other times it pops up a black screen (much as other streaming services do) but nothing is there - no play button, no pause button, nothing.

Why won't Apple TV+ play on Chrome or Edge or any PC-based browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.