Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update ipados 15, USB dock doesn’t work

Before ipados 15 (ipados 14.8), my USB dock was working so well.

(LAN, usb dac, usb mouse were worked well before update)

And USB dock still working well with my windows laptop.

Please let me know how to fix this…

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 12:51 AM

30 replies

Dec 15, 2021 2:12 AM in response to Michal B.

Michal B. wrote:

Send them feedback where? Let’s just all do it and "push the same button"? Where is the button pls? What feedback form should we use?

Apple invite submission of constructive comments, feature requests and bug reports using their Product Feedback portal.

You should note that the feedback forms are not a route to obtaining proactive technical support from Apple (for this you need to contact the Apple Support Teams using the appropriate channel) - but is mechanism with which you can report specific repeatable issues.

The URL is very easy to remember:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

You should note that you are very unlikely to receive a reply from submissions made via the Product Feedback pages.

Sep 23, 2021 1:39 AM in response to HyeongJuKim

I have neither experienced nor seen any similar reports of issues with connected dock/hub devices following update to iPadOS 15.0.

You may find a forced restart of your iPad to be helpful - and doing so will often resolve an isolated hardware or software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Nov 21, 2021 6:08 AM in response to chandan4al

So after a little more play around I noticed:

• as mentioned previously, the dock works for Ethernet, USB3.0, and card readers if I don’t have power to the dock (still nothing on the USB2.0 port)
  • BUT If I connect power to the dock afterwards (i.e., after peripherals are connected to the dock, and are working), then Ethernet/USB3.0/Card readers will continue to work
  • Still no luck on USB 2.0 devices …. seems like there’s power but no data

Dec 17, 2021 11:46 PM in response to HyeongJuKim

UPDATE: USB-C Hub Is Working:

I just updated to the latest version, iPadP OS 15.2 (19C56) and confirm that my Yemo USB-C hub now functions properly, with or without external power.

• USB 2. 0 and USB 3.0 ports work properly for both power delivery and data
  • Ethernet working properly
  • Both SD and MicroSD card readers are also now working.

And for what it’s worth. I’m typing this update with an external USB keyboard and USB mouse, hard-wired to my router (WiIFI turned off) 😊 Thanks Apple for fixing this!

Happy Holidays, All !

-Darla

Oct 5, 2021 4:59 PM in response to HyeongJuKim

I have the same issue. I noticed if I connected the USB dock to a USB 3.1 hub, my USB dock would work as normal (LAN, Audio device for guitar, SD card, etc) except for the power pass through.

My work around was to buy a $25CAD USB C dongle with USB in and power pass through. Not ideal, but my system works again and I’ll use the dongle for mobile use. I still don’t understand why the dock stopped working and why it works with a second dongle.

Nov 10, 2021 11:01 PM in response to HyeongJuKim

Having a related issue with iPadOS 15/iPad Pro and my Lenovo q24h-10. It’s a powered USB-C docking display which worked fine before 15. Now, it will display, but not charge. Blue icon and charging for first few seconds, then blue icon disappears and charging stops. Display continues. Super frustrating because it worked before! Also, the Lenovo still works just fine with my MBP so I know it’s not an issue with the display.

Nov 16, 2021 12:34 PM in response to mn3005

I’m a little late to the party… just now updated to ipadOS 15 and USB-C dock stopped working for Ethernet & USB 2,3 … if USB-C Power is also connected (using the OEM charger that came with ipp)!

The second I disconnect power from the USB-C dock, the Ethernet and USB-3 ports work. USB-2.0, not so much….tried with wired Logitech mouse, no luck. Since I’m using a MKB case, I can power the IPP through that but still kind of annoying. Hth!

Dec 8, 2021 8:47 AM in response to HyeongJuKim

I thought it was just me - I have a USB-C hub that worked for a long time. Just found some SD cards from my Dad's stuff (he passed away last year) and went to look at them. Now my hub is recognized for a few seconds, and then disappears. Power passthrough still works, but nothing else on the hub is recognized anymore after the 15.1 update.

I have an iPad Air (4th generation) and have restarted numerous times.

I wish Apple would respond so I can see what's on this cards.

Dec 12, 2021 10:47 AM in response to HyeongJuKim

I am also experiencing my Yemo USB-C HUB not working after updating to iOS 15 a few days ago. The blue icon displays at the top right of the screen however, never opens then quickly disappears. I’m trying to uploaded pictures and it’s not opening to read the card anymore. It does charge with the HUB but that doesn’t help me at all. I need to get these pictures into Lightroom.

After update ipados 15, USB dock doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.