Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 15, keyboard icon hides text and options when magic keyboard is connected

Hello Everyone,

I don’t know if someone else had problems with this, but when I am connecting a magic keyboard to my iPad pro, a keyboard option panel appears, which is hiding my text in imessage and chat applications too. It also covers some options, such as sending picture or dictation… How’s it possible to remove that? When my magic keyboard is connected, I don’t want that floating onscreen keyboard stuff over my text. I can not see what I’m sending. Very-very bad engineering!

I am mostly using my iPad for written communication on the go, and it will be really annoying to always swipe that floating stuff left and right if I want to do something, or read something before I send it. Also if I set it to the left from the right, when I switch between apps it’s getting back to the right always, where my text field is. I am really dissapointed with this, if it remains I am thinking of switching to another device, it’s way to annoying.

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 24, 2021 8:13 AM in response to skinc0ffin

Hey skinc0ffin,

It appears that the onscreen keyboard option is blocking the text fields you're using. We can understand how annoying this would be, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Switch between keyboards with iPad - Apple Support -- If you tap the onscreen keyboard icon, it should hide that panel from view.

Pair Magic Keyboard with iPad - Apple Support -- If you're not able to hide the onscreen keyboard from view, disconnect the keyboard from your iPad Pro, then restart your iPad Restart your iPad - Apple Support. Once your iPad is back to the Home screen, reconnect it again and test.

Let us know how that goes.

All the best.

iPadOS 15, keyboard icon hides text and options when magic keyboard is connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.