Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Do Not Disturb option from Lock Screen iOS 15

With the new update to iOS 15 on my iphone 12 mini, I can no longer find a way to turn off the Do Not Disturb option from my lock screen. In previous versions you could click on the "Calls will be silenced..." message on the lock screen and there was a Turn Off option. Now there is only a moon icon and clicking it or long pressing it gives every other option under the sun except a simple Turn Off. Sometimes I want don't want to wait the full Do Not Disturb time and want to simply enable sounds quickly from my lock screen instead of going to Settings each time.

Please advise.

Thanks!

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:27 AM

I feel a little stupid not thinking of Siri, but I will say that this update made the manual turn-off a lot less clear.

I realized the following (for people who may ask this same question in the future):

1. When Do Not Disturb is active on your phone, the lock screen displays a purple crescent moon on a white background icon beneath your date and time.
  2. When you tap this icon on your lock screen, it expands into a bigger bar that contains a triple dot menu on the right side, and the word On underneath the words Do Not Disturb. If you have a specific time parameter set for Do Not Disturb and you are within those time parameters, this section will also display your time parameter.
  3. Clicking on the triple dots will expand the bar into more details about Do Not Disturb and the settings available.
  4. Simply tapping the Do Not Disturb bar will turn it black and seemingly do nothing else. THIS IS WHERE I WAS GETTING CONFUSED: Tapping Do Not Disturb will turn it black and give no other clear indication that you have now turned it off. It does not say Off anywhere, it does not disappear. Not only that, but if you return to your lock screen after "un-tapping" you will still see a crescent moon icon (albeit now white on a black background) displayed beneath your time and date. Just today I lingered on the lock screen to see what would happen and it turns out that this lingering white on black moon simply goes away on its own after some time.

In conclusion: Thank you Idris for your help, I feel somewhat silly for not figuring this out on my own, but to be fair, this got more complicated and unintuitive.

Hope this helps some confused soul who like me just wanted a clear Turn Off button like before :)))

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 10:27 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I feel a little stupid not thinking of Siri, but I will say that this update made the manual turn-off a lot less clear.

I realized the following (for people who may ask this same question in the future):

1. When Do Not Disturb is active on your phone, the lock screen displays a purple crescent moon on a white background icon beneath your date and time.
  2. When you tap this icon on your lock screen, it expands into a bigger bar that contains a triple dot menu on the right side, and the word On underneath the words Do Not Disturb. If you have a specific time parameter set for Do Not Disturb and you are within those time parameters, this section will also display your time parameter.
  3. Clicking on the triple dots will expand the bar into more details about Do Not Disturb and the settings available.
  4. Simply tapping the Do Not Disturb bar will turn it black and seemingly do nothing else. THIS IS WHERE I WAS GETTING CONFUSED: Tapping Do Not Disturb will turn it black and give no other clear indication that you have now turned it off. It does not say Off anywhere, it does not disappear. Not only that, but if you return to your lock screen after "un-tapping" you will still see a crescent moon icon (albeit now white on a black background) displayed beneath your time and date. Just today I lingered on the lock screen to see what would happen and it turns out that this lingering white on black moon simply goes away on its own after some time.

In conclusion: Thank you Idris for your help, I feel somewhat silly for not figuring this out on my own, but to be fair, this got more complicated and unintuitive.

Hope this helps some confused soul who like me just wanted a clear Turn Off button like before :)))

How to turn off Do Not Disturb option from Lock Screen iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.