Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hotmail account

I have not been able to connect to my hotmail on my new big surf Apple computer - don't show how to reset password

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:55 AM

use WebMail.

^-- that is a really fancy name for using a Browser, and entering the direct address of your email provider to get access without using Apple Mail software. Apple Mail can only identify ONE issue -- that the server did not respond -- and has only ONE solution -- username or password error.

Once you have access with WebMail, you can make certain the username and password are acceptable, then replicate this to Apple mail, and if there is no other problem, it should work again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 11:55 AM in response to grady87

use WebMail.

^-- that is a really fancy name for using a Browser, and entering the direct address of your email provider to get access without using Apple Mail software. Apple Mail can only identify ONE issue -- that the server did not respond -- and has only ONE solution -- username or password error.

Once you have access with WebMail, you can make certain the username and password are acceptable, then replicate this to Apple mail, and if there is no other problem, it should work again.

My hotmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.