Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded MP3 file not playing in music

I’ve always downloaded mp3 files onto my Mac and they always show directly in my itunes app and start playing straight away. However, they are no longer showing in the app and I can no longer import new files into it. Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 12:59 PM

i have the same problem. my file is not corrupt, i have a pc and the song plays in windows media player, but i have been unable to open, drag, import or in any other way get itunes to play or even recognize that i am trying to play an mp3 with it. please help!

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 24, 2021 10:02 AM in response to tomclegg1996

Tom,

There are many ways to add an audio file to your iTunes/Music library. It is not uncommon for one or more of them to be broken. Once you are sure the valid file is on your local drive, try one or more of the following:

• Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
  • Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
  • Drag it into the "Automatically Add..." folder (Do this while iTunes/Music is running)
  • Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location
  • Right-click the MP3 and choose Open With > iTunes (or Music)
  • Double-click the MP3

If the audio file is valid, at least one of these should work.

If none of them work you may have an invalid or corrupt file.

Downloaded MP3 file not playing in music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.