Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari unable to load ebay.com (and others) after updating to 10.15.7 (19H1417) late Sept

I recently updated to Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1417) that became available late Sept. Safari (v14 and v15) can no longer load some of my websites such as ebay.com. Safari returns the message: “A problem repeatedly occurred with….”

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 1:54 AM

I had the same issue on a lot of sites, including eBay, ... The culprit is clearly Javascript, don't waste your time trying the safe mode, etc. Just do this: download the Safari15.0CatalinaAuto.pkg file directly from Apple’s servers and install Safari 15 using the on-screen prompts.

It solved the issue on my MacBook Pro running Catalina with the latest security update and Safari 15.0

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 1:54 AM in response to ok_2_laf

I had the same issue on a lot of sites, including eBay, ... The culprit is clearly Javascript, don't waste your time trying the safe mode, etc. Just do this: download the Safari15.0CatalinaAuto.pkg file directly from Apple’s servers and install Safari 15 using the on-screen prompts.

It solved the issue on my MacBook Pro running Catalina with the latest security update and Safari 15.0

Oct 5, 2021 6:12 AM in response to frédéric180

frédéric180 wrote:

I had rebooted, tried Safe Mode, private browsing, cleared history, cache, cookies, etc. and nothing worked. But downloading and installing the above resolved the issue for me. Thanks!

Sep 24, 2021 10:55 AM in response to ok_2_laf

There have recently been many reports of new problems with Safari. It seems that the recent Safari update has issues. Word has it that Apple knows about the problems and is working on a fix. I assume that it will be released fairly soon. In the meantime, use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they should work for you. Also, there are reports that reinstalling Safari and restarting the computer has resolved issues. I hope this helps.

Safari unable to load ebay.com (and others) after updating to 10.15.7 (19H1417) late Sept

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.