Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud email update

It seems that iCloud email on pc got updated or changed earlier this week.

The GUI is completely different.

When I create a new email, a splash screen pops up where I am to write the email.

(a) I can't seem to move that splash screen around

(b) I can't seem to re-size it, which is tremendously irritating because it means constant scrolling back and forth (up and down) if the message is more than a few lines.

(c) I cannot see whether or not an attempt to attach a document was successful.

(d) When I discovered that I had attached the same document twice, I could not find ANY WAY to delete one of them.

I don't know what happened. I don't recall being asked about or being informed about an update.

The user experience is now horrible.

Are others experiencing the same thing? Can anyone point me at a resource that would walk me through how to DO some of these things, assuming that it was possible? I haven't been able to locate anything.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

EBLimmerix

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 7:03 PM

1. Nope. Cannot be moved; it's not a new window.
  2. Nope. Cannot resize that individual window, but you can resize the entire browser Windows which may affect the composition window.
  3. Attached documents show at the bottom of the message in my browser; I can "watch" then upload and cancel the upload.
  4. There is a small "x" that appears on an attachment when you hover over it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 7:03 PM in response to EBLimmerix

1. Nope. Cannot be moved; it's not a new window.
  2. Nope. Cannot resize that individual window, but you can resize the entire browser Windows which may affect the composition window.
  3. Attached documents show at the bottom of the message in my browser; I can "watch" then upload and cancel the upload.
  4. There is a small "x" that appears on an attachment when you hover over it.

Sep 23, 2021 7:14 PM in response to EBLimmerix

Thank you for prompt response!

The answer I got was helpful but didn't solve all my problems.

For example, I CANNOT see any representation of my attachments in my draft email; no icons, no file names. No little "x" that was mentioned in the reply to my post. So for me, the questions about the attachment (I have attachment issues!!! JK) are unresolved.

Thank you.

EBlimmerix

Sep 23, 2021 7:23 PM in response to muguy

Here is a further update to my earlier reply to muguy.

Based on one of your comments, I clicked the resize/shrink button on the browser window which came close to minimizing. And then I clicked the re-size/enlarge button which expanded the screen.

When it expanded, the email draft window came back as a different shape from its original. So instead of a square presentation, it was now presenting as portrait. And with the longer splash screen, I COULD see the attachments and I COULD delete one (or both, if I chose to), just as muguy said.

So that, at least, is an improvement for me. THANK YOU.

You can tell I'm a noob. I don't mind. Is the change to my iCloud "look/feel" something that Apple has pushed out or is in the process of pushing out? Is there an option to revert to the previous look/feel which was much more convenient?

For example, in the new email look, the COMPOSE icon and the TRASH icon are ridiculously far from the list of emails. The list is on the far left; the icons are on the extreme right. That means the mouse travel distance is enormous (and therefore inconvenient).

Thank you.

EBLimmerix

Sep 24, 2021 5:37 PM in response to EBLimmerix

Not only that, now to store you can only do it with the mouse, you cannot file directly from the mail itself by typing the first few letters of the folder, you cannot sort by any meaning (dates, old, new, from etc..., the sent folder is a disaster I can only see my name on every single email (obviously I'm the one sending them....) why would I like to do that in the first place? the only way to check mail sent is to "Search" it and to top it all off, most of my emails sent, now are also inside the DRAFT folder, so I don't know if I really sent it or not (taking me back to "search" for it in the sent folder).

This is the most inefficient upgrade I have ever seen; my productivity has dropped 80% in the past 72 hours ago when the upgrade was done!

Please need help on how to turn it back as it was before.... It was not the best app for mail, but beats the heck out of this "update"

icloud email update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.