Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get Siri to work on my iPad 7th generation. I have tried everything they recommended but it still won’t work.

I can’t get Siri to work on my iPad 7th generation and I’ve tried everything they recommended. Anyone have any idea why I can’t get it to work?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:28 AM

No.

Everyone with an iOS/IPadOS device seems to confuse a simple and easy hard reset of an iOS/iPadOS device with a more complicated and potential data wiping “Erase All Contents and Settings Procedure ONLY found in the Settings App under General settings panel, Reset.

Did I post a procedure to do all of that? No.

A simple hard reset, is simply a low level firmware code reset.

A simple hard reset does absolutely NOTHING to the data on any iOS/iPadOS device.

Just follow the procedure I outlined to see if this solves your Siri issues, or not.

Good Luck!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Rilsr

No.

Everyone with an iOS/IPadOS device seems to confuse a simple and easy hard reset of an iOS/iPadOS device with a more complicated and potential data wiping “Erase All Contents and Settings Procedure ONLY found in the Settings App under General settings panel, Reset.

Did I post a procedure to do all of that? No.

A simple hard reset, is simply a low level firmware code reset.

A simple hard reset does absolutely NOTHING to the data on any iOS/iPadOS device.

Just follow the procedure I outlined to see if this solves your Siri issues, or not.

Good Luck!

Sep 25, 2021 6:50 AM in response to rilsr213

Hi rilsr213,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to use Siri with your iPad. We see that you've already reviewed If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad which is a great place to start.

Are you able to summon Siri using the Home Button?

Which iPadOS are you running? You can go to Settings > General > About to locate the version.

We look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

I can’t get Siri to work on my iPad 7th generation. I have tried everything they recommended but it still won’t work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.