Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset without loosing esim

Hi. I need to factory reset my iphone to factory defaults but i dont want to loose the esim. I am on ios15 on iphone 12 pro max.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:35 PM

The eSIM will survive a complete factory reset. At time of easing the device and resetting it, you will be given an option to either save the eSIM plan or delete it. You can choose to save it.

You can follow these steps to complete a factory reset on your eSIM-compatiable iPhone. Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Content and Settings' > 'Erase iPhone' >'Erase All and Keep Mobile Plans'.

Axel F.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 8:35 PM in response to fahdaj

The eSIM will survive a complete factory reset. At time of easing the device and resetting it, you will be given an option to either save the eSIM plan or delete it. You can choose to save it.

You can follow these steps to complete a factory reset on your eSIM-compatiable iPhone. Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Content and Settings' > 'Erase iPhone' >'Erase All and Keep Mobile Plans'.

Axel F.

Factory reset without loosing esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.