Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Apple TV remote be set-up to control the volume of my Bose Soundbar?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:37 AM

It appears this model soundbar originally has an IR remote. Then other IR remotes may emulate the same commands. Note that for volume control, the remote communicates directly with the audio system, not through the Apple TV. You will need unobstructed line-of-sight to the IR receptor on the audio system, same as with the original Bose remote.

If the default volume controls from the Apple TV remote don’t work for your audio system, then you may need to re-program for that device.

If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

For additional questions, please consult with Bose Support about support for third party remotes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 11:37 AM in response to JFFroehlich

It appears this model soundbar originally has an IR remote. Then other IR remotes may emulate the same commands. Note that for volume control, the remote communicates directly with the audio system, not through the Apple TV. You will need unobstructed line-of-sight to the IR receptor on the audio system, same as with the original Bose remote.

If the default volume controls from the Apple TV remote don’t work for your audio system, then you may need to re-program for that device.

If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

For additional questions, please consult with Bose Support about support for third party remotes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.