Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts and company field on iPhone

How do you choose to see the company information on a contact that is calling , or in your contact list - WITHOUT choosing each contact individually? I have multiple people with the same name and I need to see who they are with, before making, or accepting the call. Obviously I can enter the company information in the 'name' field, but what use would the company field be in the contact data, if it never shows. I correctly entered all the data when filling out my contact list (and its very professional looking when sharing contacts) and I don't want to change over 1,000 contacts information.

Lots of other people asking the same thing and I haven't found the answer. Its a smartphone in the year 2021... I'm sure we can make an option to show the company field in the contact list and on the incoming and outgoing call details.

Example of incoming call:

John Doe

A Person With a Job Company

555-555-5555

Example of contact list:

John Doe

A Person With a Job Company

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just trying to help myself and others who work through their phones. Simply have an option to 'show company field when displaying contact'.

Thank you,

iphone user since iPhone 3

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:41 AM

When someone calls you from another carrier and it pops up on your caller ID, it shows your contact info, if you have that number saved in your contacts. So, I’m not following you there. I do appreciate the feedback link, as I thought this post would act as feedback in a way.

Here, I’m showing one of my contacts calling me. It’s shows his name, as I have it in my contacts, but nothing else. Any other number not saved in my contacts will show the number only and no name.

The next picture shows my contact list when searching for a first name. See the email addresses attached to the name? I should be able to select to show company or email or whatever the user wants under the contact name.

The next picture shows when I search for a company. The company name is listed under the contact. Boom. This is what I want, but everywhere.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 8:41 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

When someone calls you from another carrier and it pops up on your caller ID, it shows your contact info, if you have that number saved in your contacts. So, I’m not following you there. I do appreciate the feedback link, as I thought this post would act as feedback in a way.

Here, I’m showing one of my contacts calling me. It’s shows his name, as I have it in my contacts, but nothing else. Any other number not saved in my contacts will show the number only and no name.

The next picture shows my contact list when searching for a first name. See the email addresses attached to the name? I should be able to select to show company or email or whatever the user wants under the contact name.

The next picture shows when I search for a company. The company name is listed under the contact. Boom. This is what I want, but everywhere.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Sep 24, 2021 8:34 PM in response to annoyed_user1

I understand that it shows your info, but it has to comply with the amount of space they have to display with. They cannot display more lines, since that ability does not exist. The Caller ID form that displays the information does not have additional space to display more fields. Go ahead and let Apple know you would like to see it, but I don't believe they have any control over that.

As far as this post serving as feedback, Apple does not participate here or get feedback here, that is why I provided you the link. Good luck.

Sep 24, 2021 7:46 AM in response to annoyed_user1

That is not a part of the Caller ID fields when you have a Name entered. If you only show the company name, that will populate in the field, but Caller ID coming from the carrier does not allow for additional fields. You can send feedback to Apple to say that you wish to see this change, but I'm not sure that it is in their ability to do it. Here is the feedback link. https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

Contacts and company field on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.