Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer info from husband’s iPad to my current iPad

I’m ready to purchase the iPad 9th generation, and will be transferring everything from my 6th generation iPad.

Once the new iPad is updated, I’m giving my old iPad to my husband, who has an older Mini.

Will I be able to transfer his information to my iPad? Anything special I need to do?

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:37 AM

I recommend that you (after making sure that your new iPad 9th gen contains all data from your 6th gen), perform this procedure on the 6th gen iPad:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, your husband activates the 6th then he can transfer data form the old mini to the 6th (empty), choosing his preferred (doable) method among the ones listed here:--> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Jezebel666

I recommend that you (after making sure that your new iPad 9th gen contains all data from your 6th gen), perform this procedure on the 6th gen iPad:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

When done, your husband activates the 6th then he can transfer data form the old mini to the 6th (empty), choosing his preferred (doable) method among the ones listed here:--> Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Transfer info from husband’s iPad to my current iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.