Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just curious do you shower with your Apple Watch on?

I’m just curious if anybody swim’s or showers with their watch on, due to possibility of voiding warranty with water damage. I know they have the water mode 💧but if for some reason if the watch quit working due to water damage how would that work.

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Hello. I personally don't. Apple recommends you don't expose your Apple Watch to soap and shampoos as detailed here. I prefer to be on the safe side.

6 replies

Sep 25, 2021 12:29 PM in response to Alexander_7

I have had a Watch 2 and 6 and swim and casually shower (after swimming) with it on with no problems. The Watch 2 IS water resistant and has the swimming mode in it so it can be used in the water. The water mode (drip icon) has two functions: one is to lock the screen so any casual contact does not launch or change a setting while in the water, and (when you scroll the crown) emits a sound from the speaker to help clear any moisture on/near there when you are out of the pool/shower. The main caveat when showering is to not forcibly direct any water into the speaker or microphone and to not get excessive soap/shampoo in those same holes. The only issues I have noticed is that sometimes after being in the water the speaker is muffled or the microphone does not work (Siri unresponsive), but those clear up after it all dries out. Also, I regularly run the watch under a faucet after I run and don't have any issues from that use.

Just curious do you shower with your Apple Watch on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.