Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the full battery alerts on MacBook Pro?

The "battery fully charged" alert is one of the more annoying features I've come across. If I walk away from my computer after locking the screen or even put it to sleep, the stupid thing chirps away every 30 seconds telling me that it's fully charged. It annoys me and the people around me.

How do I make it stop?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 3:56 PM

OK, problem solved thanks to Apple Support. They were very stumped by this one, but the senior support engineer had the idea that maybe it was a hardware issue with the charger. I swapped out the block and cable with a new one, and poof! No more problem.

FWIW, the faulty charger was also preventing me from being able to shut down the device completely. I would select Shut Down... from the Apple menu but could only get the device to go to sleep, not shut down. It woke back up with any keystroke or trackpad click. The same was true when trying to shut down using a hard reboot by holding the power key down.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 3:56 PM in response to brennonmartin

OK, problem solved thanks to Apple Support. They were very stumped by this one, but the senior support engineer had the idea that maybe it was a hardware issue with the charger. I swapped out the block and cable with a new one, and poof! No more problem.

FWIW, the faulty charger was also preventing me from being able to shut down the device completely. I would select Shut Down... from the Apple menu but could only get the device to go to sleep, not shut down. It woke back up with any keystroke or trackpad click. The same was true when trying to shut down using a hard reboot by holding the power key down.

Sep 25, 2021 6:15 AM in response to brennonmartin

brennonmartin wrote:

The "battery fully charged" alert is one of the more annoying features I've come across. If I walk away from my computer after locking the screen or even put it to sleep, the stupid thing chirps away every 30 seconds telling me that it's fully charged. It annoys me and the people around me.

How do I make it stop?

This sounds like third party software you have installed.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Try a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

In Safe mode third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled, it removes malware, etc hampering smooth operation, however a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

How do I turn off the full battery alerts on MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.