Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my Iphone

trying to show my iPhone but it want update its locations

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:31 AM

To find your iPhone the system needs the current location. If you have location services turned off, it will ask you for permission to turn that feature on. Click "Allow" when it asks you for permission to turn on location services.

If you're using your desktop computer to locate your iPhone, it will show you on a map where your iPhone is in real time (assuming your phone's battery has sufficient power remaining, and you've already downloaded the "Find My iPhone" app).

The app also allows you to put a message on the phone's screen, in case someone finds it (like: "If you find this phone, please call 234-567-8910 & I'll come get it, STAT. Thanks! ~Brunhilda J. Yamaguchi III.")

You can also make your phone emit a "Lost" audio signal to help you or others locate it.

Finally, if you believe someone has stolen your phone and you don't want them to have access to your personal info, the app allows you to completely erase your phone. (Use that as a last resort, since there's no automatic backup).

I've lost my iPhone twice, the last time was only a week ago so this is fresh in my mind. I think everyone should download the Find My Phone app — before you need it. It's free, and it takes only a minute or three to set up.

It was very accurate both times, locating my lost iPhone within a few feet.

Kudos to Apple, they did a good job with this app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 12:31 AM in response to trumaine98

To find your iPhone the system needs the current location. If you have location services turned off, it will ask you for permission to turn that feature on. Click "Allow" when it asks you for permission to turn on location services.

If you're using your desktop computer to locate your iPhone, it will show you on a map where your iPhone is in real time (assuming your phone's battery has sufficient power remaining, and you've already downloaded the "Find My iPhone" app).

The app also allows you to put a message on the phone's screen, in case someone finds it (like: "If you find this phone, please call 234-567-8910 & I'll come get it, STAT. Thanks! ~Brunhilda J. Yamaguchi III.")

You can also make your phone emit a "Lost" audio signal to help you or others locate it.

Finally, if you believe someone has stolen your phone and you don't want them to have access to your personal info, the app allows you to completely erase your phone. (Use that as a last resort, since there's no automatic backup).

I've lost my iPhone twice, the last time was only a week ago so this is fresh in my mind. I think everyone should download the Find My Phone app — before you need it. It's free, and it takes only a minute or three to set up.

It was very accurate both times, locating my lost iPhone within a few feet.

Kudos to Apple, they did a good job with this app.

find my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.