Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When looking for the Apple TV app on my smart Sony XBR-65X900F TV, it says that it is not compatible with this device. Why? The TV is only 2 years old and I get every other app?

When looking for the Apple TV app on my smart Sony XBR-65X900F TV (only 2 yrs old), it says that it is not compatible with this device? Why.....I get every other app?

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:33 AM

It appears that Sony has selected specific models for which they wanted the Apple TV app. Other models would not be supported, unfortunately. Those could still access the Apple TV app through a connected streaming device.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Can I use the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ with my Android TV or Google TV? - Sony Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 7:33 AM in response to spinner5117

It appears that Sony has selected specific models for which they wanted the Apple TV app. Other models would not be supported, unfortunately. Those could still access the Apple TV app through a connected streaming device.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Can I use the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ with my Android TV or Google TV? - Sony Support

When looking for the Apple TV app on my smart Sony XBR-65X900F TV, it says that it is not compatible with this device. Why? The TV is only 2 years old and I get every other app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.