Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage does not allow me to perform update. This article says you can use a computer, but only has instructions for an Apple computer, which I don’t have. I have offloaded all programs and still can’t update. Help. Only 16MB on iPad.

Can I use a pc to perform update on my iPad which doesn’t have enough storage space?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 6:05 PM

The article If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support is both for Macs and PCs. See the following excerpt (bold added):

Update using your computer

To download the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, using your computer, follow these steps:

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 6:05 PM in response to ginny111

The article If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support is both for Macs and PCs. See the following excerpt (bold added):

Update using your computer

To download the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, using your computer, follow these steps:

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.

iPad storage does not allow me to perform update. This article says you can use a computer, but only has instructions for an Apple computer, which I don’t have. I have offloaded all programs and still can’t update. Help. Only 16MB on iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.