Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update my Apple Watch but I keep getting a message that I am not connected to the internet. I am connected! Watch will not update so what do I do? Most frustrating!

Now I am using ios15 how do I update my watch?

Apple Watch Hermes

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:22 PM

Restart the Watch, the iPhone, and the Wi-Fi router, and try again.

If there’s an add-on VPN client in use, disconnect and try again.

Some of Apple’s servers have seemingly been heavily loaded over the last few days, so that too may be a factor.

4 replies

Sep 25, 2021 11:58 AM in response to Seamstress6139

Lucky. My Series 4 has been doing this for the last 3 updates, and still wont update while giving me the same message. I’ve tried restarts, factory resets, etc, and nothing fixed it. When I tried to do this update, it completely reset my watch and wont let me do anything without updating it first during the pairing, which it still wont do with the same reason that it’s not connected to the internet. I guess it’s time to trash it.

I am trying to update my Apple Watch but I keep getting a message that I am not connected to the internet. I am connected! Watch will not update so what do I do? Most frustrating!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.