Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to download an app that is not in the app store but I know exists

I want to download an app from the app store but it isn’t there because it is an app for a specific country .my store looks at the israeli site and the app is in the netherlands .

how can you do that ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 12:09 AM

When you travel to another region then are able to change the region on your iPhone? Here is how to Chang your Apple ID Region or Country.

You will find that when you change the region on your iPhone, then it involves certain conditions. If you are successful changing the region and thus the App Store then you may be able to download that app in that app's region.

There are several reasons why an app may be available in one region and not the other:

1. The developer of the app intends to only serve a certain region.
  2. The laws and customs of one region may play a role in the availability of that app.
  3. Apple manages the app inventory in a given region based on the points mentioned above.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 12:09 AM in response to yamy177

When you travel to another region then are able to change the region on your iPhone? Here is how to Chang your Apple ID Region or Country.

You will find that when you change the region on your iPhone, then it involves certain conditions. If you are successful changing the region and thus the App Store then you may be able to download that app in that app's region.

There are several reasons why an app may be available in one region and not the other:

1. The developer of the app intends to only serve a certain region.
  2. The laws and customs of one region may play a role in the availability of that app.
  3. Apple manages the app inventory in a given region based on the points mentioned above.

Axel F.

Sep 24, 2021 11:41 PM in response to Axel Foley

thank you Alex ;i wasn’t sure it was a technicality or by design . Still the question is why ? In this case there is an app that lets me transfer money from one account to another which is being used in the Netherlands and currently I an there although I leave somewhere else . What would be the reason Apple decides what I can use as long as it is a legit app ?

thank you .

I want to download an app that is not in the app store but I know exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.