You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage crashing

My iMessage crashes every time I try to open it. I updated to iOS 15 and it keeps doing it. Using an iPhone 11. Anyone else having the same issue?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 5:02 AM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2021 11:22 AM in response to Rob1928

Hi Rob1928,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand iMessage isn't working as expected. We're happy to provide some information to help.

We recommend checking out the resource below and working through the steps there. While you won't be able to delete/redownload, the other steps can help resolve unexpected app behavior.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open

If the issues persists after those steps, let us know if this is happening right when opening Messages, or does the behavior appear to be random? We'll go from there.

Thanks

iMessage crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.