Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music app not in search results

The Music app is installed on my iPhone, but when I swipe down in the center of my screen to search for it, it does not show up as any of the results. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I am currently using iOS 15, but the problem was happening with iOS 14 as well. The app is working fine and has all my music, but the app is not searchable.

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:27 AM

Hello NRBa-ssplayer,

Thanks for the update. Let's make sure there are no restrictions set in Settings > Screen Time that could be causing your Music app not to appear.

Next, follow the steps here to help resolve this issue: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take Care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 7:27 AM in response to NRBa-ssplayer

Hello NRBa-ssplayer,

Thanks for the update. Let's make sure there are no restrictions set in Settings > Screen Time that could be causing your Music app not to appear.

Next, follow the steps here to help resolve this issue: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take Care.

apple music app not in search results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.