Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro running slow after iOS 15 update

I updated my iPhone12 pro to IOS 15 but after updating the iPhone start to lag and be very slow , so apple will deal with that in 15.1 update version?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 7:33 AM

Two basic troubleshooting steps to try:

A "forced" restart of your 12 Pro, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 7:33 AM in response to M77aj

Two basic troubleshooting steps to try:

A "forced" restart of your 12 Pro, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Oct 30, 2021 3:37 AM in response to M77aj

I am having the same issue here on iPhone 12, since updating to iOS 15 and even on iOS 15.1 I have noticed that my phone baca me slower, apps from apple and third party are lagging and even the UI gestures anew messed up.

I took all the steps apple support recommended me to do and the issue still persists

Good Job Apple🙏🏽

Dec 12, 2021 4:05 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I think that’s a joke and it’s embarrassing that so many customers are having the same issue and Apple support is suggesting to try to fix it with a factory reset.

We are taking about an almost 2k Smartphone, I feel very bad about this treatment, I feel like Apple is not treating his customers with care and I don’t think it’s fare.

Alessandro

Dec 12, 2021 8:29 PM in response to Zetatielle

best part it lags even in music player which needs probably the least performance of all apps...

battery dies quicker too, and very noticeable, imagine what iphone SE users have to go through...

im barely using mobile phone, i can't see myself buying new iphone every time then the new comes out just to be able to use it without freezes and lags

truly embarrassing, will be looking somewhere else for next phone..

iPhone 12 Pro running slow after iOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.