Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial Number

I am selling my iPad and the person who wants to buy it is asking for the serial number. Is that safe to give out?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 2:06 PM

Yes, it is safe. The potential buyer wants to ensure that the serial number matches with the model that you are selling. They buyer may even ask for the IMEI number and that is fine to share as well. The buyer uses the IMEI number to determine whether the iPhone is a locked or an unlocked version etc. I have sold many iPhones on eBay etc and every single time I have had to provide the serial number and the IMEI number.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Hondagirl00

Yes, it is safe. The potential buyer wants to ensure that the serial number matches with the model that you are selling. They buyer may even ask for the IMEI number and that is fine to share as well. The buyer uses the IMEI number to determine whether the iPhone is a locked or an unlocked version etc. I have sold many iPhones on eBay etc and every single time I have had to provide the serial number and the IMEI number.

Axel F.

Serial Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.