Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrading from iOS 15 to iOS 14

hi, I'm in to process of selling my iPhone 12 Pro max, as got iPhone 13 now, carphone warehouse is offering me to most money but my local store don't support iOS 15, is there anyway to downgrade to iOS 14.8 ? I've contacted apple they said there no way of doing this etc but I've seen plenty of YouTube video that says otherwise. I've never dealt with public beta etc but do they actually work ?

thanks in advance

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:08 AM

If you’re on the iOS 15 beta, remove that, and load iOS 15. How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

iOS devices can generally be downgraded to the immediately previous version within 14 days of release of the new iOS version, given the associated IPSW file. We are within that window for iOS 15 and iOS 14.8. Past that 14-day window, Apple will no longer sign the install, blocking this path.

But I would not bother.

iOS 15 is the current iOS version, whatever the readiness of “the local store” might be.

Load that.

Here is what Apple recommends doing here, more generally: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 11:08 AM in response to alistairmck

If you’re on the iOS 15 beta, remove that, and load iOS 15. How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

iOS devices can generally be downgraded to the immediately previous version within 14 days of release of the new iOS version, given the associated IPSW file. We are within that window for iOS 15 and iOS 14.8. Past that 14-day window, Apple will no longer sign the install, blocking this path.

But I would not bother.

iOS 15 is the current iOS version, whatever the readiness of “the local store” might be.

Load that.

Here is what Apple recommends doing here, more generally: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

downgrading from iOS 15 to iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.