Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only want to move one app from an old iPad to a new one. How do I do that?

How do I move a single app from one iPad to another

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:49 PM

You cannot move a single older app from an older device to a newer one. If you have a newer iPad with a newer iOS version on it, chances are that the old app version will no longer be compatible with the new iOS version. So, you will need to download the newer version or take a chance by transferring everything - it may not wind up as the old version using this method either - most likely will update itself automatically.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 1:49 PM in response to Intelforme

You cannot move a single older app from an older device to a newer one. If you have a newer iPad with a newer iOS version on it, chances are that the old app version will no longer be compatible with the new iOS version. So, you will need to download the newer version or take a chance by transferring everything - it may not wind up as the old version using this method either - most likely will update itself automatically.

Sep 25, 2021 1:21 PM in response to Intelforme

There is no straightforward way of moving just one App from an old iPad to a new iPad. If you use the Quick Start method or Restore your new iPad from the old iPad’s backup file (iCloud or Computer), then it All or Nothing concept. You will transfer all the apps and all of the data from the old iPad to your new iPad. You cannot pick and choose.

I suspect that the app is not available in the App Store anymore. Is that correct? I ask because if it were available then you would have just downloaded the App from the App Store.

Axel F.

I only want to move one app from an old iPad to a new one. How do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.