Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to put the SIM card from my I phone x into my I phone 13 pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:43 PM

Are you in the US?

When ordering from Apple, did you select a phone from one of the “Big 3” carriers AND provide the phone number for the new phone ?

If so, it’s probably pre-configured w/ an eSIM and you just need to turn it on and follow the setup instructions.

If any the above DON’T apply, you can move your SIM and the phone should work; although you might be better served by obtaining a new SIM setup for 5G services.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 1:43 PM in response to Judefg

Are you in the US?

When ordering from Apple, did you select a phone from one of the “Big 3” carriers AND provide the phone number for the new phone ?

If so, it’s probably pre-configured w/ an eSIM and you just need to turn it on and follow the setup instructions.

If any the above DON’T apply, you can move your SIM and the phone should work; although you might be better served by obtaining a new SIM setup for 5G services.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.